God I wish I had the answer.
The last 6 months I have gone from frequently blogging to not blogging and I want to change this. It is not like I don't have ideas, I am always scribbling notes. Nor I don't have time becasue as busy as I have been one can always make time, but 'something' has been holding me back.
So - before I can answer the question of how to get past my writer's block, I want to know what you do when you get stuck? I would love to hear your stories and techniques via comments below.
Top tips culled from the comments
- Make yourself write one paragraph a day
- Look for inspiration from other works ... if all else fails, tell a story
- I will always develop things and tidy it up once I get typing on the computer but in the first instance I need the freedom to be able to scribble, cross things out, draw boxes and arrows so that I know what goes where
- Leave it and come back. Start something else. Write through. There is no one answer
- Routines help, not only for writing but for overcoming hold ups