Digital marketing & social media strategist
I help brands and agencies solve digital problems through strategy, tactics and hands on support. Let's speak.
I have done this since the web was new for organisations as diverse as Sky, Jimmy Choo, Samsung and Scottish Power, as well as government, arts and third sector . Read about my experience and see references over on LinkedIn, or see below for an overview of how I can help.
- Digital / Social Media strategy
- Campaign Planning
- Social media community planning
- Blogger and Influencer outreach
- Website and ecommerce planning and delivery
- Digital branding and positioning
- Mobile app development
- Measurement framework development
I typically deliver a number of services at one time, or indeed across all as acting Head of Digital for a number of organisations.
- Helped Jimmy Choo become one of the most engaged Facebook communities in the world.
- Redeveloped the website of UKs oldest regional newspaper achieving a first month increase of 62.7% unique users, average daily visits doubled and repeat visits climbing to 88%.
- Demonstrated first financial KPI from a social media campaign for Sky.
- Wrote social media strategy for Glee that achieved 3x the average reach and was the first to use Twitter’s Promoted Products in the UK.
- Launched the James Bond book ‘Carte Blanche’ online, achieving a first week sales increase of 54% vs. nearest similar book launch.
- Back in 1998 I creating the world’s first online Carbon Calculator for the UK government, launched by the Minister for the Environment.
Find the latest on LinkedIn, or a selection below:
Sky “Understanding your business needs and aims and helping you make the best of them in a social environment. Being full of ideas that you can execute and measure the impact of. Having the enthusiasm of a labrador puppy and professionalism of a president. Never presenting you with a PowerPoint deck full of big pictures and recycled ideas. It is because of these reasons that Mark was an absolute joy and pleasure to work with, why I'll be working with him again, and why you should work with him now.”
Twitter "Mark was a critical part of the team that launched #Gleeonsky in the UK. Smart, funny & easy to work with. Would definitely do it again."
TM Lewin “He’s a genuinely enthusiastic person, and when working on a project this seems to rub off on other team members and energise the group.“
RS Components “I had the pleasure to appreciate Mark's creativity and lateral thinking when working on unpredictable and tough to decipher business challenges.. I would not hesitate to work with Mark again in the future.”
ScottishPower “Mark is an extremely bright, strategic thinker with a limitless energy and passion for all things digital. His analytical and creative thinking allow him to deliver innovative ideas and solutions that are strongly grounded in returning value to any business. Most of all, his ability to communicate these ideas at all levels make him the complete digital package - an asset to any business.”
Rentokil “Based on personal experience, I would have no hesitation in recommending Mark Jennings as anyone's 'first port of call' for clear and pragmatic advice. He really understands the 'social space' and is not afraid to make decisions and give clear direction. As someone who lives social media and understands a business’s place within it, I trust Mark to give me sound, practical and strategic advice.”
UWS “In my opinion, Mark is a truly unique individual operating in the digital media and communication arena. I have been nothing but impressed by Mark's professionalism, his vision, his command of language, and his infectious enthusiasm for all matters digital. I cannot commend Mark highly enough ... he is a visionary and his professional understanding of the strategic importance of leveraging competitive advantage from all things digital is, second to none.”
Get in touch with me via email or on 07977 450808.